In addition to the materials and teacher instruction that we provide, Reach for College! also strongly believes in ongoing teacher and classroom support, especially in the first year of implementation.
This crucial component of the program ensures that teachers don't get overwhelmed, and that individual students don't fall through the cracks.
This support includes:
- Guest speakers
- Weekly email class tips and encouragement
- Specific scholarship information
- Individualized student assistance, as needed
- Teacher-to-teacher sharing of best practices
- Special website just for RFC students with scholarship, internship and summer job opportunities
Reach for College! also takes students on 1-3 college tours per year where they get a glimpse of the life they're heading toward and where they continue to hear about the importance of postsecondary education.
Etan Thomas of the Washington Wizards was a Reach for College! guest speaker