Reach for College! materials have been specially developed explicitly for use in school systems with large numbers of traditionally disadvantaged students. The materials have been shown to significantly increase the number of students going to college from high schools where the college-going rate is often low.
A regular teacher from the student's school is provided with training to teach the Reach for College! curriculum, and it is taught in a class during the student's school day. Students take this class for credit.
In the Reach for College! class, students study:
- SAT prep
- College selection & application
- Career exploration and planning
- College level reading & writing
- Time management
- Study skills
- Financial aid application
- Practical life skills, interviewing and banking